Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Family & Weddings

My nephew Paul got married on Saturday. 

I didn't take many pictures of the wedding party because it felt rude piggy-backing on the hired photographer's gig.  So, mostly I walked around taking semi-candids of the family that was waiting for their turn to get in the real pictures.

I got some great shots...most of which will be in a later post. But for now, here are some of Paul's family (my sister's family)



























While we were waiting for the happy couple to exit the temple, a few of us hung out on one of the lawns at temple square.  Those have to be my favorite shots, so of course I won't be sharing them until I've touched them up and branded them first.  Here are the few I've already fixed.




The family group of Dave and Ashlie above is a great sequence.  All I wanted was a close-up of the family, but baby Lauren didn't want to be there at that moment, and Dave was distracted with Lauren.  Hence, each shot I got of them had neither Dave nor Lauren looking at the camera.

Beautiful capture of a loving family though!

More to come...

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Oh my gosh, the photos of Dave, Ash, and Lauren are adorable. That one of Lauren standing in the middle of the arch is AWESOME!

    You are nice to not want to "piggy back" with the photographer. I tried to do the same thing with Dallas's photographer. I even told her I would snap out of her way. But I'm so glad I got what I did. A handful of candids and some different angles that the photographer didn't get. Plus, my style is so different and my family likes it. I think the more photoz of a persons wedding the better.
    Love these! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are very talented, Val! I love looking at your photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved these pics. Do you have any more of the bride and her family?

    ReplyDelete