Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Friend, Remembered

It's late, so I'll be brief.

My friend, Nick, was killed yesterday. I haven't spoken to him in years (he got married 5 years ago, and shortly afterwards moved to Arizona to do border patrol there), so it hasn't hit me as hard as it would have if we still hung out. But still...

What has affected me the most is the thought of his wife and two little girls. His youngest isn't even two years old. She'll grow up never knowing her dad, and that breaks my heart.

Nick was such a great guy, and even though I was never around him when he was a father, I have no doubt that he made an excellent one. He served a mission, honored his priesthood, and married in the temple. I'm sure his wife and girls will be reunited with him one day, and I pray for them that they will be comforted and strengthened during this most difficult of trials. I also pray for his parents and siblings. And if you're reading this, maybe send your own supportive thoughts and prayers their way because they will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment