Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another picture from my trip...

On Saturday we drove to Arches National Park to get some shots of the the scenery and go on a hike.  On our way to the first stop I made Christine pull off to the side of the road because the view was so breathtaking.  As I stepped out of the car, my first thought was of indecision.  What should I capture first?  The scene before me was too wide to take in one shot, and almost all the pieces of that scene lost their magnificence when I tried to capture them individually.  So, I decided to capture every angle of my view and turn it into a panoramic picture when I got home.  Here's the result:


* Disclaimer: This is the only panoramic shot I took during my stay in Moab, and it wasn't a very good one.  Because I decided on a whim to do a panoramic I didn't fix my camera settings or get out my tripod, so I had to do quite a bit of editing to make the transitions between shots look not-so-obvious.  Not my best editing work, but I still like the shot.  It was my first view of Arches during this trip, and I was so excited to be there that every time I see this picture I remember that excitement!

1 comment: